DGA Gaming Fieldlab has issued a call for research proposals which has resulted in the funding of five projects. Each of these projects connects a games company to an educational institution in a consortium to conduct research. These consortiums will work together for a duration of two years and will present their progress at regular intervals.
DGA presents the following project:
- A Digital Prototyping Tool for Card Game Design by Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, CodeGlue, and FourceLabs;
- Applying a Multiplayer VR Play Environment for Psycho Motoric Therapy by HAN University of Applied Sciences and Improvive;
- Didactics-Driven Development: Towards a Methodology and Toolset for the Systematic Validation of Applied Games by Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences and Pillar Games;
- Quality of assessment of sequences of choices in serious games by Utrecht University and DialogueTrainer;
- VReye! by University of Twente, Roessingh Research and Developement, and Twinsense360.
Like to stay updated about DGA Gaming Fieldlab? Join our newsletter!
DGA Gaming Fieldlab is a collaboration between Dutch Games Association and ClickNL that supports the Dutch games industry by accommodating research-industry collaborations. It has acquired funds for joint research into advanced game technologies and associated methodologies that aim to bring game design and development to the next level. To strengthen the game development community the DGA Gaming Fieldlab arranges research-industry meetings for discussion and knowledge sharing. Furthermore, the DGA Gaming Fieldlab offers guidance and advice regarding game research and takes up a matchmaking role between game professionals and researchers.